All about books!



RICHNESS OF KANNADA POETS...
The poet of 20th century with an ideology of SARVODAYA, it's none other than our beloved PUTTAPPA :)
His books are the sole evidence for his acknowledging nature and great interest in all the greatest literatures of the world. The emerging, industrialization, Colonialism, British administration,   Christian missionaries during his period inspired him to give a new dimension to his literary works! 
He was a true devotee of nature. We all enjoy nature but at times we lack proper words to express our joy and the beauty that we see but PUTTAPPA aka KUVEMPU was never short of words. With him he had  treasury of words and used it very smartly, boldly and effectively without any hesitation. 
The book which I'm holding on to now is KANURU HEGGADATI, 18th edition as mentioned in it's colophon. Novel encloses of 81 chapters and comes with a beautiful panel showing RACKET-TAILED DRONGO(kajana in kannada) which is also known as KOTHWAL (hindi word which means guard) famous for its whistle note. Book depicts the simple life of malenadigas and their close interference with nature and the influence of west culture and modernization on them. Book also comes up with Appendices and notes which supplements the main text of the novel.
Inspiration :
Once I was an extensive reader of  novels, most of it in kannada by my favourite writers PURNACHANDRA TEJASWI, SHIVARAMA KARANTA, TRIWENI, GORURU, USHA NAVARATNARAM, BELEGERE. 
Out of some prejudice I always kept myself away from KUVEMPU's books, though we hail from a same place! 
 Lately, KANURU HEGGADATI was in my mind after I watched MALEGALALLI MADUMAGALU,
an overnight drama at National School Of Drama, Bengaluru. 
Now, I'm half way through my journey in kanuru! I'm totaly reviving my childhood days spent in SAMAGODU and the book served as an inspiration to post  "kopparigeya bella", my second attempt of penning and frist atempt of typing in kannada hope you like it. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcomed.
Lemme revert now!!
Toodles...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"ಕೊಪ್ಪರಿಗೆಯ ಬೆಲ್ಲ" (11) - ಫಲ ಸಂತರ್ಪಣೆ!

We Create Awesome : "VAULT!"

" ONLINE EDUCATION SYSTEM "